[AMPS] slam tally

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] slam tally
From: phil@vaxxine.com (Phil (VA3UX))
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 23:27:44

>Thanks Ian. It's well known in the industry that Buzz was R&D manager.

It would not be uncommon for the Personnel Dept's files to be out of step
with the actual status of an employee's position.  If you had called the
Personnel Dept. of my company just 2 months ago, they would have told you I
was hired in Sept. of 1984, and that my title was " Service Engineer".  I
was hired in June of 1979 as a Service Engineer, and was promoted out of
that position in 1982. I've had 4 more title changes since then (none of
which are on record).  In my own industry circles, its well known that I'm
an "Area Manager" and that I've been with the company 20 years - but it
wasn't well known in my own Personnel Dept.

If I were doing the kind of sleuthing that Rich was back then,  I would
have asked to speak to Mr. X's boss or secretary to verify Mr. X's
position/title/whatever. The fact that what Rich was told by Eimac's
Personnel Dept appears to be at complete odds with what is common
knowledge, indicates that Eimac's P.D. suffers the same affliction that my
company's P.D. does.

 Personnel Dept's are full of relatively low paid people (clerks) that turn
over quickly, and appear to be preoccupied with recruiting and farting
around with pensions/benefits/policies/insurance etc.

Phil