[AMPS] Peak reading watt meter

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Peak reading watt meter
From: nospam4me@juno.com (Skip S Isaham)
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 05:21:35 EDT
[snip]
:Well that's not actually true... any wattmeter that is not op amp driven
:is not a true peak reading meter. The Yaesu YS-60 is op amp driven and a
:true peak reading meter and it sells for about 130.00. Its not a Bird,
but
:if you understand its limitations its a pretty good meter...

Hello there,

If persons on the amps list server were interested.  I reverse engineered
the Dual Meter, peak reading circuit of the popular wattmeter mentioned
in an earlier post. The Company does not let the diagram go out to the
public. When my earlier unit with the chip labels sanded off, died,I
bought another at a flea market. Somehow it got out of the factory with
the chip labels intact and both are now back in service.

For the pure at hearts, I'll remove some part values that won't stop a
legal owners from repairing their units. This is the same company that
sold the analog audio filters in the 80's with a partial model number of
QF-1.

I've found the units accuracy varies quite a bit within it's normal
frequency range, but for relative fwd/reverse checks... it's hard to
beat.

Let me know if there's interest and I'll make it available.

Photos of my home brew Quad Mono-band 4-1000 amps are going up on my
sonic server by the end of the month. I'll post the location soon.

cheers

skipp