[AMPS] RJ-1 relay

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] RJ-1 relay
From: RFpower@radiodan.com (Radiodan W7RF)
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 1999 10:46:02 -0700
Hi Martin,

Your rugged 30 year old HENRY 2K-3 could benefit from a relay upgrade by
using either:
RJ-1 or HC-1 vacuum relay which will need 26 VDC to switch and one of our
current guardian relays (to switch input and bias) which is a short throw
DPDT (<10ms switch time) which needs 12 VDC.
OR two Guardian relays jumpering the DPDT contacts on the output relay used
as an SPDT. The two guardian method is used in the 3K Classic X MKII. The
Vacuum (RJ-6) and guardian are used in the 3K Premier as examples.

Before the anti-HENRY types poo-poo this idea, forget it.
This has been working successfully in current production amps for 13 years.

73, Dan Magro W7RF, (President WARC 1999, member SCDXC, SCCC)
Manufacturers Rep & Distributor for HENRY RF Power Amplifiers.
www.radiodan.com <http://www.radiodan.com> ??? RFpower@radiodan.com
<mailto:RFpower@radiodan.com> A trip to our web site is worth the click!