[AMPS] RJ-1 relay

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] RJ-1 relay
From: measures@vc.net (Rich Measures)
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 1999 13:07:19 -0700

greetings, Dan --

>Hi Martin,
>
>Your rugged 30 year old HENRY 2K-3 could benefit from a relay upgrade by
>using either:
>RJ-1 or HC-1 vacuum relay which will need 26 VDC to switch

?  Not if you have a modern transceiver -- which typically switch in 5mS
to 8mS.  If that be the case, you also need a speedup circuit and more
volts to make the grade.

> and one of our
>current guardian relays (to switch input and bias) which is a short throw
>DPDT (<10ms switch time) which needs 12 VDC.

?  which is not quick enough to prevent hotswitching with most of the
modern radios.

>OR two Guardian relays jumpering the DPDT contacts on the output relay used
>as an SPDT. The two guardian method is used in the 3K Classic X MKII. The
>Vacuum (RJ-6)

?  I see no RJ-6 in the Jennings Catalog.  I see an RE 6B on page 16.  It
is rated at 25mS.

>  and guardian are used in the 3K Premier as examples.
>
>Before the anti-HENRY types poo-poo this idea, forget it.

?  and ignore the man behind the curtain