[AMPS] RE: 4cx10000

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] RE: 4cx10000
From: measures@vc.net (Rich Measures)
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 07:19:54 -0700

>      Somehow I wish more people would run tubes like 4CX5000 or
>      4CX10000 or similar, think we would have less splatter and
>      cleaner/nicer sounding signals on the band.

?  In Class A, IMD is probably below 50db down.  In AB1, they are still
cleaner than most radios.  For perfectionists, there are the ultralinear
"J" versions.

>      These days we have rigs with very big power spikes that flat
>      tops the amplifiers and also people that drives the crap out of
>      their 1500 W amps to make them deliver a puny 350 Watts more.

?   Good points,  Jan E..   Does 0.91 db (1850w vs. 1500w, <1/6 S-unit)
more output really make a difference on HF when QSB is running around 3
S-units?.  Some folks on AMPS have argued that it does.  I am not
convinced.

cheers

>      PS: I have one brand new 4CX10000 and one brand new 4CX15000 for
>             sale, anyone interested?

Rich...