[AMPS] Re:

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re:
From: Peter_Chadwick@mitel.com (Peter Chadwick)
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 09:25:27 +0100
Ron says:

> I got to wondering what kind of output power I am getting from my old
>wheezer Sideband Engineers SB2-LA final.

A lot depends on the HV. At about 1kV, the FL1000 with 4 6JS6s did about 1kW
in, about 500 watts out - but not for long transmissions! It had a tiny fan
that stirred the air. 6JS6's would do thermal runaway very easily: 6LQ6s are
much better. 6JE6s aren't that much different to the 6JS6, so probably about
500 PEP out would be abt right.

Just don't use speech processing, RTTY, SSTV, or go contesting!

73

Peter G3RZP