[AMPS] Re: Sweep tube amp

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re: Sweep tube amp
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 22:14:48 -0400
Rich,

Someday your repeating things you don't know for a fact will get
you in trouble. That fib was originated by a fellow out east, and he
said it was ONE tuner.

Now you repeat it, and changed it to two tuners.

The originator's problem is he never paid his bills, and had his
credit sent to the dumper. He left Ameritron stuck for many
thousands of dollars, and a few years later did the same to MFJ. I
cut his credit off at Ameritron, and put it in the hands of a collector.
MFJ probably did the same. Because of that, he has an little ax to
sharpen.

Repeating a rumor from a guy who can't stay sober long enough
honor his debts to both customers and suppliers is a bad idea,
especially when you exaggerate the original fib.

> ?  It helps to know that  two, MFJ "3kW" tuners caught fire in the ARRL
> Lab with somewhat less that legal power.  >
73, Tom W8JI
w8ji@contesting.com