[AMPS] Doorknob Capacitor Questions

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Doorknob Capacitor Questions
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Sun, 8 Aug 1999 16:00:38 -0400
Hi Bill,

To get the correct answer, you need to read the data sheet
carefully.

The actual current rating varies with ambient temperature, airflow,
allowable capacitance drift, and of course capacitance value and
voltage breakdown.

> Two Question for the Group:
>
> I) Can anyone tell me the maximum current rating for the CRL 850S and the
> 858S line of ceramic doorknob capacitors at 1.0 MHz? I have various ones
> stamped with N750, X5T and X5U ratings. What ever happened to CRL?
>
> II) I am need of suggestions for the hardware needed to mount some
> doorknobs. I am looking for some type of metal strips that I can tie
> multiple capacitors together.  I live in a rural area and don't have a
> junk box or metal shop. Hopefully I'll get some suggestions in which the
> material can be picked up at the local hardware or plumbing supply store.

Mount them on perforated aluminum, drill holes in blank PC board
material, or even aluminum or brass sheets.
73, Tom W8JI
w8ji@contesting.com