[AMPS] AL-811H ALC setup question

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] AL-811H ALC setup question
From: ctj92@primenet.com (Charles T Johnston)
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 1999 18:26:30 -0700
My new AL811-H will arrive in a few days. I want to use the ALC but the
manual (from their website) is very brief and vague (to me) on how exactly
to set the ALC.  Here is all the manual says about adjusting the ALC......

<snip>
The ALC circuit can be adjusted by loading the AL-811H slightly beyond the
recommended maximum values with the ALC line disconnected. The ALC line can
then be connected and the ALC control on the amplifier adjusted to a point
just before the drive begins to decrease.
<snip>

Are they saying to adjust past the recommended max values then while
transmitting apply the ALC phono plug?  Can anyone who has this amp or
general knowledge of ALC setup comment on this?  I have been following the
recent discussion on ALC and I choose to use it.  The exciter is a TS450SAT.
Thank you.........

Charles T Johnston  - AB7SL
ctj92@primenet.com