[AMPS] Power Supply Spec Question

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Power Supply Spec Question
From: jreid@aloha.net (Jim Reid)
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1999 14:45:45 -1000
Phil, KP5C wrote and asked:

> Do you have distortion into the dummy load?

Don't know.

> You could have RF getting into the a.c. cord or the 13.8 volt
> pair from it to the amp.
>
> Does the Astron hold good regulation at high current? (steady 13.8v)

Will have to connect up a volt meter,  and test same.

> I am running a SS-750 here, but my supply is 200 amps.

Did you build up the supply,  or is it a commercial one?

> Listen to yourself on the dummy load at high power and report back.

Also,  Alec. VK6APK suggested:

"If your supply is sagging under the 60A load, then perhaps a lead acid
battery in parallel will help under ssb peak power conditions."

Will do some tests/measurments and get back,  but sounds as if
I am way under  the ampere source needs,  hi.

73,  Jim, KH7M