[AMPS] Power Supply Spec Question

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Power Supply Spec Question
From: mgilmer@gnlp.com (Gilmer, Mike)
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1999 08:35:16 -0400
I believe ICS means Intermittent Commercial Service.
What that implies I'll leave to the "lawyers" :)

My guess is that the Astron will supply the full rated (70A) for several
minutes, and then "expect" a break.  It will probably supply 70A for
hours, and as Jon said, get "hot" but perhaps shortening its long-term
life.

Simple question:  What's the voltage do, Jim, when you go from pulling
45 Amps to pulling the, say, 50A at the 250W level or higher?
If it's dropping a lot below the 13.8V at higher currents then you may
have a problem with the supply.  If the voltage is still good, then look
elsewhere (RFI maybe?)

Mike
n2mg@contesting.com