[AMPS] Silver Plating question

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Silver Plating question
From: phil@vaxxine.com (Phil T. (VA3UX))
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 23:22:05
MArtin,

I have never seen a plating thickness spec for this service although I'd be
interested in hearing about it if one exists.  Neither have I heard what
thickness is typically used.  However I can tell you this :  the anodes
used in the plating baths are typically "999 fine" silver.  Plating
thickness for decorative items (some jewellry, buttons, etc) is in the 15
micron range.  A "heavy" film thickness for industrial applications
(electronics, bearings, etc) is 1.5 mm (0.060").  If I were doing the
project, I'd probably go with the thickest deposit I could afford.
However, considering the large surface area in the cavity enclosure, it may
not be necessary to go really thick for good results.

This doesn't answer your question, but its a start.

Phil