[AMPS] Silver Plating

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Silver Plating
From: w6ru@lightspeed.net (Terry Gaiser)
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 13:43:42 -0700
I was told by a expert from one of the major TV transmitter manufactures that
clean
copper and clean silver would not show any actual difference in operation at
RF. It
is when it ages and oxide coats the surface that the two materials take on very
different "rf conduction" properties.
Copper oxide bad ... silver oxide no problem.
FWIW,
Terry W6RU