[AMPS] SWR and line length, etc.

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] SWR and line length, etc.
From: mgilmer@gnlp.com (Gilmer, Mike)
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 09:32:56 -0400
If I understand correctly: (some may doubt it, hi):

The resonant frequency is the frequency when there is zero reactive
(capacitive or inductive) component. Regardless of the actual
impedance/resistance.  This goes for antennas and lumped component
circuits.

You can tune around for minimum swr, but that doesn't guarantee you are
at resonance.
And you can have a high swr, but a resonant load. (If it were, say, a
300 ohm resistive dummy load)

73
Mike N2MG