[AMPS] Henry 2K-3

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Henry 2K-3
From: aa6eg@hh.tmx.com (Pat Barthelow)
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 18:55:38 -0700 (PDT)
Hi Henry,

With a choke input supply, you do not need anywhere near the capacitance,
than the more modern supplies without chokes.  I even seem to remember
that there are negatives to having too much capacitance..Charging
current gets high..the 32uf from fair radio would be too much, I think.
In the old days, even 10-15 uf with a choke worked fine.  I think your
biggest problem will be finding a
close/exact size match for the capacitor.  The value is not even critical.

73, DX, de
Pat, AA6EG/N6IJ;
aa6eg@hh.tmx.com;n6ij@hotmail.com
599 DX Drive, Marina CA 93933
See us on the web: www.polkinghorn.org/n6ij
"The Contest Station from the Government"