R: SV: [AMPS] Re: SB220 problem

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: R: SV: [AMPS] Re: SB220 problem
From: Maurizio Panicara" <i4jmy@iol.it (Maurizio Panicara)
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 23:15:25 +0100
For your info, that switch is effectively mall but not so much as it might
be thought.
Since 1988, what it was my SB220 has a 3CX1200 replacing the paired 3-500, a
forced cooling system with chimney (in other words no air to the switch), an
external PS with a full wave rectifier and the transformer has a
secondary of 3300V AC 1.2A.
Even like that, there's no bandswitch failure to report in spite that the
operator is a contester.

73,
Mauri I4JMY

PS In a standard SB 220 the RF current is no more than 5-6 A.