[AMPS] Eimac care and feeding/poor service

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Eimac care and feeding/poor service
From: jono@enteract.com (Jon Ogden)
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 23:23:38 -0600
on 11/17/99 9:30 AM, Carsten Groen at cgroen@image.dk wrote:

> I have two times requested data from
> them on tubes
> and both times I got detailed data
> sheets, and even
> emails from one of their apps guys,
> asking me if I
> had any further questions.
> And, I may add, both times I told them I
> was a ham nut,
> so they knew that it wasn't Mr. Voice of
> America requesting
> info.

I must agree with Carsten.  When doing my 4-1000A amplfier, someone
suggested I write Reid Brandon at Eimac to see if he had any app notes, etc.
I wrote Reid an e-mail.  Very promptly he returned mine and asked for my
snail mail address so that he could send me some info.  A few days later a
nice packet of app notes and other info on the 4-1000A showed up in my
mailbox.

Eimac had long since sold the 4-1000A design to Triton when this exchange
took place.  Reid had nothing to gain except my respect, yet he still took
the time to dig out the info and send it.

That's service.

73,

Jon
KE9NA