[AMPS] Little amps

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Little amps
From: rakefet@rakefet.com (Vic Rosenthal)
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 09:48:35 -0800
This question is a little different from what we usually see here, but I need a
creative solution.

I'm building a little Elecraft K2 transceiver kit.  It will put out about 10
watts CW and SSB.  I would like to build an amplifier to use after this that
will produce a reasonable amount of power on 1.8 to 30 mhz (say, 500w) and will
have a maximum of one tuned circuit (it's no fun tuning up when changing bands,
but it's even *less* fun when you have to tune more than one circuit).  I'd like
it to be simple and cheap, too!

How would you approach this?

73,
Vic, K2VCO