[AMPS] alpha pa77 blower motor

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] alpha pa77 blower motor
From: n5blz@wt.net (Ed Stallman)
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 1999 22:44:44 -0600
I've asked this question on the Reflector before about my blower motor in my
alpha pa77; some of you replied to contact alpha and some replied that
anyone should be able
to rewind the motor.  Alpha Power doesn't know anything about
the old pa77, they think it is a 77dx or sx. I sent the motor
to Goodrich Enterprises in Omaha, Nebraska. They sent the
motor back saying they could not rewind it. I've gone to local
rewind shops in the Houston area and they all said it wasn't
worth fooling with, prices started at $275 and went up.
The manufacturer of the blower motor is Rotating Components
Incorporated, located in Bayshore, New York. Called information
there and they had no listings.  Now I can go buy a Dayton
blower and cut a hole in the back of the amplifier and do some
duct work, but the amplifier is too clean and too original to butcher. Can
anyone pass along any helpful information? Has anyone had to replace their
blower motor? Where can I find a complete blower and motor?

Ed Stallman
N5BLZ
(281) 469-3347
n5blz@wt.net