[AMPS] alpha pa77 blower motor

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] alpha pa77 blower motor
From: w1nr@eecorp.com (Michael McCarthy, W1NR)
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 1999 09:15:38 -0500
Hi Ed,
   How about taking a motor of similar size from another blower?
Check out http://www.fairradio.com/ to see if they have one that
is close enough in size.  Another possibility is to contact a
copier repair company to see if they have something of similar
size and specs.  I have a couple of 120 CFM Fasco blowers that
are marked with Xerox part numbers.

Ed Stallman wrote:

> I've asked this question on the Reflector before about my blower motor in my
> alpha pa77; some of you replied to contact alpha and some replied that
> anyone should be able
> to rewind the motor.  Alpha Power doesn't know anything about
> the old pa77, they think it is a 77dx or sx. I sent the motor
> to Goodrich Enterprises in Omaha, Nebraska. They sent the
> motor back saying they could not rewind it. I've gone to local
> rewind shops in the Houston area and they all said it wasn't
> worth fooling with, prices started at $275 and went up.
> The manufacturer of the blower motor is Rotating Components
> Incorporated, located in Bayshore, New York. Called information
> there and they had no listings.  Now I can go buy a Dayton
> blower and cut a hole in the back of the amplifier and do some
> duct work, but the amplifier is too clean and too original to butcher. Can
> anyone pass along any helpful information? Has anyone had to replace their
> blower motor? Where can I find a complete blower and motor?
>
> Ed Stallman
> N5BLZ
> (281) 469-3347
> n5blz@wt.net
>
> Thanks! and Merry Christmas!
> Ed Stallman  N5BLZ
> (281) 469 3347
> 12707 tall forest dr.
> Cypress,tx 77429
>
> --
> FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/ampsfaq.html

**************** Give Every Man His Dew **************
Michael A. McCarthy, President
Everest Engineering Corporation, Consultants
4 Barnes Circle, Marlborough, MA 01752
(508) 460-6737, FAX (508) 460-7951
mailto:w1nr@eecorp.com