[AMPS] Ultimate Close Quarters Tool

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Ultimate Close Quarters Tool
From: dick@libelle.com (Dick Flanagan)
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 1999 11:34:41 -0800
Santa was very good to me and yesterday one of his elves in a big brown
truck delivered a brand new Ameritron AL-1200.  Obviously the first
order of business was to commandeer the dining room table and start
putting things together.

It quickly became apparent that whomever wrote the instructions for
securing the power transformer ("Place a 7/16" nut on each bolt. Snug
the nuts down manually.  Do not tighten with a ratchet wrench.") never
had to actually accomplish that task.  The two inside bolts were in
such cramped space that even my wife's very small hands couldn't reach
them.

As I was contemplating how many of these amps were in operation with
only two of the transformer bolts secured, my visiting sister-in-law
came up with the solution.  The nuts were quickly secured in place and
the installation completed.

Fortunately, I had the presence of mind to snap a picture of this tool
in use for future reference.
http://www.qsl.net/w6old/images/EmilyAL1200.jpg

The name of this tool is Emily and she's my six-year-old niece.

Seasons Greetings to all.

73, Dick

--
Dick Flanagan W6OLD CFII Minden, Nevada DM09db (South of Reno)
Visit http://www.cvrc.net/