[AMPS] BeO Cautions

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] BeO Cautions
From: Martin@g1gyc.demon.co.uk (Martin John Hallsworth)
Date: Sat, 25 Dec 1999 20:51:25 -0000

>Does this caution mean that I have to stop my recreational practice of
>drilling through power transistors?
>
>K7FM

No !!!
Just do it in a controlled / contained environment.
wear the correct PPE (Personal Protective Equipment)
Oh and I would suggest you display some warning notices
too.

Seriously though I am aware of BeO in many areas of our
hobby and you should treat any substance as potentially toxic.

PCB Transformer Oil - we all know this is now banned in many
countries

The vapour from flux in solder is harmful and in an industrial
situation it is extracted away from the operator. So hands up
all of us who have a workbench / soldering station with extraction
then ?

My point is YES BeO is a hazard but I think we have killed the point
in the thread now.

73 Martin