[AMPS] Simplified Approach To Power Measurement

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Simplified Approach To Power Measurement
From: k7fm@teleport.com (Lamb)
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2000 17:27:30 -0800
I have found a simpler approach to power measurement, on the air.

It requires no complicated formulas or sophisticated equipment.

The method outlined below is used on the air in the 75 meter dx window with
the antenna pointed  long path at sunup using a cubical quad at 150 feet.

Power                        Effect

0 - 100 watts             No one returns my call
100 -1500 watts       Sometimes I get an answer
1500 ++ watts           The electric skylight above our bed opens, waking my
wife.

73,  Colin  K7FM