[AMPS] Simplified Approach To Power Measurement

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Simplified Approach To Power Measurement
From: w7iuv@nis4u.com (Larry Molitor)
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 02:15:04 +0000
At 05:27 PM 1/14/00 -0800, Lamb wrote:

>I have found a simpler approach to power measurement, on the air.
>
>It requires no complicated formulas or sophisticated equipment.
>
>The method outlined below is used on the air in the 75 meter dx window with
>the antenna pointed  long path at sunup using a cubical quad at 150 feet.
>
>Power                        Effect
>
>0 - 100 watts             No one returns my call
>100 -1500 watts       Sometimes I get an answer
>1500 ++ watts           The electric skylight above our bed opens, waking my
>wife.
>
>73,  Colin  K7FM

Colin,

Not having an electric skylight, I've never had the oppertunity to use that
method.

Around here, power measurement is somewhat less subtle:

If no one complains, power out is too low.

If there are so many complaints that the FCC takes notice, power out *may*
be too high.

The number of .30 caliber bullet holes in the windows are a fair indicator
of the magnitude of illegality involved.

73,

Larry - W7IUV
w7iuv@arrl.net
http://www.axtek.com/w7iuv