[AMPS] Noise Nullers

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Noise Nullers
From: dhearn@ix.netcom.com (dan hearn)
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 22:02:13 -0800
Several postings on this reflector indicate an interest in learning
about these devices. I have used the S.E.M. and ANC-4 units and have
built one of my own design.None of the commercial units are provided
with schematics but I have a reverse engineered one for the S.E.M. as
well as schematics from several foreign publications for similar units.
If there is enough interest, I will put something together with this
stuff for posting on someones web page. I do not have a scanner. In a
nutshell, these are all very similar, electronically. They sometimes
work very well on line noise if it is from a single source and you can
arrange a noise pickup antenna which favors the noise over the signal
you are trying to copy. There have been quite a few postings on this
general topic on Top Band Reflector but I don't believe anything like
this. I realize this is off topic but hope no one takes offense.

73, Dan Hearn, N5AR