[AMPS] FAILURE OF PARASITIC RESISTORS IN AL-811X AMPLIFIER

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] FAILURE OF PARASITIC RESISTORS IN AL-811X AMPLIFIER
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 17:19:15 -0500
> I have had the great misfortune to receive (free) two mfj "3kw" antenna
> tuners.  Pure junk! - mediocre design and very poor implementation.

A tuner sold by Ameritron (ATR-20) using the same inductor is
rated at 750 watts CW, but there are electrical differences. The
Ameritron tuner includes a peak reading meter that really reads
peaks, and has higher capacitance variables.

> I had an mfj antenna switch - also junk - it is now contaminating a
> landfill somewhere.

The four position indoor MFJ antenna switches had a dimension
error in the casting for the housing that prevented the contacts from
seating properly. Some worked, and some didn't.

73, Tom W8JI
w8ji@contesting.com