[AMPS] 6 volts on a 3-500Z filament

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] 6 volts on a 3-500Z filament
From: kc4slk@csrlink.net (Mike Sawyer)
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2000 22:37:09 -0500
Same thing happened to me Bill. Only the filament wire going to the choke
was about 18 gauge wire. This caused about a 1.5 VAC drop from the filament
xformer to the choke for the 3-400Z's. I was only able to get about 600
watts out when I was supposed to get 1KW. I replaced the wire with 14 gauge
and there is now a full gallon going out to the antenna.
73,
Mike(y)
W3SLK