[AMPS] Better science

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Better science
From: i4jmy@iol.it (i4jmy@iol.it)
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 13:02:42 +0100
Often (even with some bad performing new tubes) playing the internal
electrode alignement, the "bad" or exausted tube, finds a new life.
Worse than with semiconductors, RF power tubes suffer because of an
internal mechanical construction technique that rarely set two units
very similar. This has an impact on the performances and a simulator
should also account for it even if I can't imagine how it can be done,
and then how the actual situation extimated for calculations.

73,
Mauri I4JMY

SPICE.
> It has enormous libraries of models for semiconductor components that
you
> can plug in. You can use it to do both small-signal and large-signal
> analysis. Has no one ever come up with tube models for SPICE? It
seems like
> it would be really useful for testing some of our ideas. With today's
PCs,