[AMPS] Chokes

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Chokes
From: philk5pc@tyler.net (Phil Clements)
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 13:14:25 -0600
Okay, guys...I am now the proud owner of a R.F. Communications, Inc.
(is this not now Harris?) Model  RF130-AR amp.  There must be 100's
if not 1,000's of these things in the field.  This amp is auto/manual tuned,
from 2-30 mhz CONTINUOUS coverage. Power rating is 100 mw in for
1000 watts out.

I have taken a picture of the plate choke and parasitic suppressor. The
choke is 25 turns on a 1.25 inch form; 1 inch long. I measured the L of
the thing, and it is 110 uh; so there is lots of ferrite under all that Teflon!

The parasitic choke is cute too....only one coil and one resistor for 2
tubes! the HV is fed at the center tap of the Lsup.

Have a look at: www.pixhost.com/pixp/philk5pc/Platechoke.jpg

(((73)))
Phil, K5PC