[AMPS] Small HV Capacitors???

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Small HV Capacitors???
From: UNCRICHIE7@aol.com (UNCRICHIE7@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 15:21:01 EST
Lately I have seen a new generation of High Voltage Capacitors. The ones I'm
looking at are in the big three electronics catalogs. They claim good
operating temps and tolerences. The ones in particular are 220uf at 450
volts. The package is only 25 mm by 50 mm. How in the world can they fit that
into a 25x50 package. My question is can these be used in series in an
amplifier power supply or am I asking for trouble. If they can't be, what are
they made to be used in? Thanks in advance, Kurt, K3KL...