[AMPS] Re: Re: New G2DAF amplifier information

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re: Re: New G2DAF amplifier information
From: Jan.E.Holm@telia.se (Jan.E.Holm@telia.se)
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 07:29:53 +0100

     Well, let´s stick to the QBL5/3500 or let´s try to find another
tube
     that might work in DAF configuration. In my book I consider the
     QBL quite ok in DAF as I stated before, based upon several amps
     that I have heard on the air that has the correct bandwith for SSB.
     Maybe some other tube used in the television service might be
     sutable, they need very linear and low distortion stuff for TV
service.
     There are off course the Thompson tubes, TH328 and TH338 but
     they like the 8877 zero mA grid current fuses. There are also
bigger
     Thompsons used like the TH347 but I don´t have any data in my
     head right now. So let´s rule the 4CX250´s 813´s 4CX1500 out since
     we pritty much understand that they don´t work in G2DAF.
     By the way, talking about splatter, Yesterday on 21 MHz I heard
     a USA station that was 50 kHz wide. He had monster splatter and
     wasn´t stronger then 15 - 20 dB over 9. He was runing a IC746 and
     a amp with GU84´s ( I bet in class C). His call was KG2BU, did
anyone
     of you guys hear him? I of course tried to tell him about his
problem
     but all he responded was "I don´t care", so what to do?

     73, Jim SM2EKM