[AMPS] Re: New G2DAF amplifier information

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Re: New G2DAF amplifier information
From: Peter_Chadwick@mitel.com (Peter Chadwick)
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 09:48:16 -0000
Rich says;

>However with ordinary tetrodes,, grid current is clearly to be avoided
>unless one is either trying to clear away a wide swath during a contest,
>or operating on CB Channel 6.  .

What do you mean by 'an ordinary tetrode'? It seems strange to me that for
many years, companies like Collins, Racal, Marconi, Standard Telephones,
Brown Boveri, Thomson, Philips, Siemens etc have made tubes and transmitters
to exacting professional specs (especially for ISB) and used AB2 operation.
But Rich says it doesn't  work. Just because Eimac only happen to list two
tubes for negligible grid current (as opposed to none at all),  Rich says
that Class AB2  produces splatter. Too much of a generalisation, Rich.

73

Peter G3RZP