[AMPS] SS750 output -- more tests

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] SS750 output -- more tests
From: rakefet@rakefet.com (Vic Rosenthal)
Date: Mon, 08 May 2000 11:47:18 -0700
Phil Clements wrote:

> > Mine has the 2 db attenuator (AT1) in all of the time and the 3 db one
> > (AT2) is
> > switched in on 160, 80, and 40 meters.
>
> I went and looked again....very interesting!  In my amp ATT-2 is switched in
> on 40-20-10 meters!

I just had another look at the schematic -- now I'm really mystified.

In the schematic, there are three relays connected to the 40, 20, and 10 meter
control lines.  Each of these relays' normally CLOSED contacts is shown
connected to the coil of another relay, which activates ATT-2 when it is pulled
in.  So, the second relay will pull in and insert ATT-2 if ANY of the three high
bands is NOT selected  -- which is always the case!

Either the schematic is drawn wrong or ATT-2 is in the circuit all the time.  I
will actually trace the wiring after work today.

73,
Vic, K2VCO
Fresno CA