[AMPS] RF filament choke for indirectly heated cathodes?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] RF filament choke for indirectly heated cathodes?
From: Wt8r@aol.com (Wt8r@aol.com)
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 09:26:21 EDT
In a message dated 6/22/00 9:08:43 AM Eastern Daylight Time, i4jmy@iol.it
writes:

>  If ameritron does right or wrong is another story, but what I can say
>  for sure is that without anode suppressor a 3CX1500 in GG is quite
>  stable and much less prone to VHF parasitic than other common tubes
>  with conventional VHF suppressors.
>  The anode suppressors in the form of coil and resistors are critical
>  devices whose effectiveness is very much questionable.
>  The true reason such suppressors are installed is to satisfy and agree
>  conventional designs and expecially to let people to find out what's
>  typically placed between the plate choke and tubes' anode.
>  Most of those suppressors are actually not working at all, and finally
>  they aren't anything better than no suppressors at all.
>  Last but not least, when suppressors resistors are cracked (typical)
>  oscillation risks are increased.
>
>  73,
>  Mauri I4JMY

Mauri,

Perhpas you have some difficulty with the English language, but what you have
expressed above is non-sequitor.  You say.....

> "Most of those suppressors are actually not working at all, and finally
>  they aren't anything better than no suppressors at all.
>  Last but not least, when suppressors resistors are cracked (typical)
>  oscillation risks are increased."

If the resistor/coil combination Really Isn't working AT ALL or is no better
than no supressor at all (ineffective), how can a cracked resistor increase
oscillation risks?

73 de

Dave, WT8R