[AMPS] ssr's in qro amps

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] ssr's in qro amps
From: sm2cew@telia.com (Peter Sundberg)
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 08:47:59 +0200
At 08:18 2000-06-28 ,  W7IUV wrote:

>I want it my way. Read that MY WAY, not Rich's way, not Tom's
>way, not Mr. DAFfy's way, but MY WAY.
>
>So, somebody, please tell me: What set off all you folks?

Larry, for me it was because of your statement:

"In this ham shack I have a rule: There will be NO high voltage present
anywhere during receive mode. Period. Non-negotiable. End of discussion."

You come on with a statement that is so definite in YOUR mind that people
start thinking:

Is this the the ONLY way it should be done...??

Well, it's not ! Switching HV off and on during TX/RX in MY opinion serves
no purpose. It will put more stress on components, you rule out QSK, you
stated yourself that spectral purity might be down a little on at the
beginning of a transmit period, there's room for a false feeling of safety
etc etc. Is this in line with modern designs of amplifiers ? Nope..

You can do whatever you like with your HV supplies Larry but read your
statement at the beginning of this message again, doesn't is look a little
provokative.. ?? :-)

Remember how you feel about my DAF amp and what has been said about that in
the past.. well the DAF amp works too, for ME !

I'll carry on using my DAF amp and you do your HV switching and we will
both be "happy fellas" heating up the ionosphere..

Ciao,
Peter SM2CEW