[AMPS] IC-756PRO/HF-2500 Problem

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] IC-756PRO/HF-2500 Problem
From: falk@investusa.net (Kenneth C. Falk, CCIM)
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 09:56:17 -0400
This is amp related so I'm submitting it to the group for help.

With HF-2500 in Operate position, and RF Power turned to zero on 756PRO,
when I key 756PRO in SSB, receiver sensitivity drops to almost nothing (most
of the time). Only consistent way to bring is back is to turn amp to
Standby, then switch to CW mode and key 756PRO with CW key (with or without
RF Power). Sometimes whole system works okay, but mostly I lose receiver
sensitivity. I have to go through the above procedure to be able to hear
receive signals. Sometimes just keying the mic, with the amp in Operate
position works, but mostly that doesn't clear the problem. System is the
756PRO, HF-2500 and Vectronics HFT1500 tuner into 80 mtr dipole. SWR is 1:1
(no reflected power). New ground system. New 8 ft. ground rod, 6 feet away..
No RF floating around. Some kind of relay problem in the 756PRO. Relay to
ground output from HF-2500 goes to relay to ground connection on 756PRO.
Strange that only going to CW position and hitting the key once is the only
thing that consistently clears the problem.

1. Any suggestions?
2. Anyone know how to reset the 756PRO CPU?
3. Any E-mail address for ICOM support?

Regards,

Ken Falk, AB4JB
falk@investusa.net