[AMPS] Amateur amps on 11 meters

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Amateur amps on 11 meters
From: superiorwavelength@prodigy.net (G SEVEN)
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 10:52:41 -0700
Along the same lines I believe any efforts regarding this is work done in
vane. There is
very small percentage of CB operators that actually buy directly from the HF
linear manufactures or dealers. Most CB operators buy amps design for CB and
the ones who do run Amateur equipment buy there amps from Hams who are
selling there equipment second hand. In my opinion, it is wasting
time in the direction that they are going.  The CB operators that
finally do come to the conclusion that they want a cleaner running station
eventually spend allot of money on higher grade equipment  and graduate(if
you want to call it that) to Amateur service. So with that in mind perhaps
embracing your fellow CBer by educating him on the advantages of moving up
into the Amateur service and the benefits of being a Ham in a more
constructive approach to your problem.

Chris