[AMPS] Amateur amps on 11 meters

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Amateur amps on 11 meters
From: K0FF@ARRL.NET (K0FF)
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2000 18:02:03 -0500
If you don't think Mikes comments are true, do a little Web search and look
at the pages of pictures that the CB'ers put out. Did you ever see a HAM
mobile rig that required 4 alternators in a Diesel pickup truck with a half
dozen or more heavy duty car batteries in the bed? Unbelievable almost but
pictures show 10 kW output on a Bird 43!

No longer are we the only ones who can "afford" the more expensive stuff..