[AMPS] CBers

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] CBers
From: da_kang@hotmail.com (Jeff Wolf)
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 20:38:56 GMT
>In ham fest flyers perhaps we should state that
no weapons, no adult-only materials, and no illegal CB equipment
will be allowed.

Not a bad idea, but I would extend it to say that no sales will be allowed
to people that allude to using the equipment illegally, either.

I also believe that it IS a law that no manufacturer needs to work on a
device that is known to be used illegally.

Most decent CB shops will NOT work on amplfiers unless they are known to be
used in the ARS.  I think Tom might want to look at this.

Shops I have worked for in the past would work on ANY amplifier if the user
was ARS authorized, presented a ticket, and we where not told that he used
it for CB.  If he did have a ticket, but even made it sound like he used it
for illegal (11 meter) purposes.

Toll Free