[AMPS] Problem with SB-220 Bias Diodes

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Problem with SB-220 Bias Diodes
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2000 05:44:08 -0400
Hi Rich,

You constant habit of weaving personal attacks into technical
discussions ruins any hope of a meaningful conversation. I'd be
happy to get into technical details on how anything works, but
engaging in an insult-trading thread is nonproductive.

I really have nothing else to add, except measuring the tube in a
text fixture (using the actual circuit values) or the actual unit for
feedthrough loss is the only way to determine the effects of grid
impedance on "shielding" inside the tube.

I still offer to send you a plot taken with a network analyzer
showing this effect. It would be most educational for people trying
to learn what really goes on inside a GG amplifier, and what
causes instability.

73, Tom W8JI
w8ji@contesting.com