[AMPS] TL-922A Again...

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] TL-922A Again...
From: g.m.mcadams@worldnet.att.net (Gary McAdams)
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 16:32:11 -0700
Hi fellas...

Boy! I did not mean to set off another round
of arguments about the good 'ol TL-922A, but
that seems to have happened anyway...

Oh, Well!

I really appreciate the quick replies and advice
from the various members of the forum. I have
decided to let Don, KI6SZ, have a shot at this,
even if that action places me firmly in the
dreaded appliance operator camp.

You see, I am a factory-trained service technician,
and I know what is within my ability and what is not. I repair
equipment all day, every day, but not amplifiers. Or anything
requiring extremely high HV levels for that matter.

So, the debate rages on! I just want to say that, even with
the long storage time, it is really depressing to turn a piece of
equipment on and have if flash-bang right in your face. Boo to
Kenwood for that. On the other hand, my TS-940S/AT and accessories
came through storage with no problems....

I guess it all balances out.

Thanks to Don., Rich, Pete, and all for the advice.

Don, if you want it, it's all yours. When all is said and done,
all I want is an amp that works. Is that too much to ask?

73 to all.

Back in the woodwork,

Gary, WG7X