[AMPS] TL-922A Again...

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] TL-922A Again...
From: W8JI@contesting.com (Tom Rauch)
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 20:11:54 -0400

> So, the debate rages on! I just want to say that, even with
> the long storage time, it is really depressing to turn a piece of
> equipment on and have if flash-bang right in your face. Boo to
> Kenwood for that. On the other hand, my TS-940S/AT and accessories
> came through storage with no problems...

There is no debate Gary. The worse thing in the world is to put
used 3-500Z's in storage, take them out, and high voltage.

All you have is a gassy tube or tubes, and whatever components
they damaged.

Don't let anyone worry you needlessly,  and next time run the
tubes once in a while...even if you have to loan the amp to a friend.

73, Tom W8JI
w8ji@contesting.com