[AMPS] BS detection

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] BS detection
From: baycock@HIWAAY.NET (Bill Aycock)
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2000 20:02:13 -0500
Rich Measures asked for an example of the BS detector- here is a collection
of about 5 deliberate BS statements ( or misstatements) in one paragraph in
a post on the AMPS reflector, on 2 Sept, this year.

>t seems a bit odd for the teacher to be a guy who doesn't understand
>scientific notation, who does not understand algebraic notation, who
>never took a Physics of Electricity course, who has little understanding
>of thermodynamics, and who claims that AC Circuit Analysis is not valid
>for parasitic suppressors

A trace back will show that each of these is a distortion of a statement on
the general subject of Amps. At least three had their source in faulty
interpretation of off-hand remarks; one is in the category of  "have you
stopped lying?"; one is a deliberate misstatement.

I leave the detection of the source of this paragraph as an exercise for
the reader.

Bill-W4BSG
-
Bill Aycock   ---   Persimmon Hill