[AMPS] Blown TL922A... What to do?

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Blown TL922A... What to do?
From: 2@vc.net (measures)
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2000 17:00:37 -0700

So at 99.999MHz, no oscillation.  At 100.000MHz oscillation.  .  In my
experience parasitics tend to be not very predictable.  My guess is that
the di/dt of the DC current change the creates the VHF damped wave
ringing in the anode circuit is a factor.

>> >Evaluating the effectiveness of suppressor circuits is a
>> >similarly-objective excersize.
>> >
>> The intermittent nature of VHF parasites makes this difficult at best.
>
>If the model oscillates, it will do so repeatably, permitting an objective
>evaluation of suppressor techniques.

Fantasyland.

>> >I suspect that neither combatant is truly interested in resolving the
>> >underlying technical issue;
>>
>> ?  not a good bet.
>>

>Fine. Publish a model that, with reasonable parameter values in a commercial
>circuit simulator of your choice, repeatably oscillates.

  The quarry is too intermittent.

later, Dave

end