[AMPS] All Mode KW Transmitter firmware

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] All Mode KW Transmitter firmware
From: wc6w@juno.com (Radio WC6W)
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2000 12:26:41 EDT
On Fri, 15 Sep 2000 12:05:01 -0400 "Warren J. Walsh" <warrenw@pentek.com>
writes:
>At 11:55 AM 9/15/00 -0400, Radio WC6W wrote:
>

>Gee Marv, you mean you don't have a surface mount reflow solder station?
>think every ham should have one of those in his tool kit! :-)))
>
>Before becoming a designer, I worked the bench as a technician and I'm
>pretty good at fine pitch SMT soldering.  I now give most of my
soldering
>work to our production people, but I still have access and do my own
>soldering from time to time.  So if you really need some help, send me
your
>boards and parts and I'll solder them on for you!
>
>73,
>Warren - K2BM

Hi Warren,
  Yes, I do have one of those fancy soldering setups... but, I don't like
the way things are trending in the IC package department.

  25 mils pitch wasn't too bad but, the DSP chip I'm looking at using has
pins on 20 mil ctrs.;  And the Up-Converter chip is 19 mils -- Whoooo is
making up these numbers!!

   I just get a mite frustrated when every new part comes in a new
(smaller!) package -- meaning a new PCB footprint to make up and
sometimes another set of tips for the soldering station (at $$$ per!).

  Makes me want to built something (to compensate) where the filament
leads are fastened to the socket with ¼-20 bolts!  :-)

73,
  Marv  WC6W

*

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!