[AMPS] shortwave Tx

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] shortwave Tx
From: i4jmy@iol.it (Maurizio Panicara)
Date: Sat, 16 Sep 2000 19:24:39 +0200
Under the SW Broadcasting perspective, the prediction in favour of AM versus
SSB has been prooved as totally correct.
About radio channels through Ku band geostationary satellite, actually
there's a lack of  "cheap and easy to use one piece and movable (mobile)
also battery powered satellite receiving systems".
Non geostationary system for phone mobile use gave some troubles (see
Iridium) with high costs and few customers and do not appear reasonable for
broadcasting uses.
There's also a large amount of world population (the majority) and areas
(also very large) where actual domestic and private satellite receiving
systems are still out of discussion because of practical (no technicians)
and economical reasons.
In many populated world areas some aspects of  life still resembles what was
in our developed world some 30-50 years ago and a 5$ portable AM radio (MW
or SW) still "play" there its role in an excellent way.
Bear in mind that home is not the world, and world borders are not limited
to own country.

73,
Mauri I4JMY