[AMPS] WTB kaput 8877 from AL-1500.

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] WTB kaput 8877 from AL-1500.
From: hkman@hitter.net (Pat Poirier)
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2000 18:56:07 -0400
How did you determine that the 8877 was a dud, due to gold-sputtering ?? Did
you disassemble the tube, cut it in half or hi pot test only ??

You used the word apparently failed, do you know that to be the actual
reason for the fail ???

I know several people who have AL-1500 amplifiers for several  years and
they have never had to replace the 8877 in their amplifiers and they use
them every day. Is the failure of all these tubes that you have an operator
issue and not really a issue of design ???

If the AL-1500 was truly designed so poorly than Ameritron would have had to
pull the amplifier from their product line due to the thousands of 8877's
tubes that they would have had to replace during the warranty period.

It is not a perfect world and I don't think that anyone can make an operator
proof amplifier, except for Rich and when he goes into his commercial
production of his amplifier design, I will be one of his first customers. I
want the perfect amplifier, so I have already started to save.

73

Pat N1JV