[AMPS] Need Gates amp info

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Need Gates amp info
From: kbarber@monmouth.com (Ken Barber)
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2000 18:32:32 -0400
Hi,
? I bought an RF deck at a hamfest last weekend without tubes, no power
supply and no documentation.? I couldn't resist, the unit looks like it was
never used, it had three large Jennings vacuum variables ((1) 15KV and (2)
7,500 KV) along with industrial strength coils.? The RF deck measures just
under 2 feet by 2 feet by 4 feet high.? The nameplate says GATES ST3B,? 2-30
MHZ, 3000 watt PEP carrier.? It had no tubes but the driver socket, in the
lower compartment of the cabinet,? is labeled: 8122.? I tried to match the
final chimney number and the filament transformer to the Eimac tube book and
the closest tube seems to be a 4CX3000.? Does anybody know what tube is
supposed to be in the final and secondly how may I get some documentation on
the beast ?
Thanks and 73,
Ken W2DTC
?