[AMPS] Need Gates amp info

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: [AMPS] Need Gates amp info
From: agray@voicenet.com (Alan Gray)
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2000 19:35:36 -0400
Ken-

The STB-3 is a Gates HF transmitter built around the Gates HFL-3000 2-30 mhz
manually tuned linear amplifier and the ST-3B sideband generator.  What you
appear to have is the rf deck from the STB-3.

The HFL-3000 is a 3 stage linear amplifier consisting of 6CL6 in, driving an
8122, driving a 4CX-3000A in AB-1.  The amplifier is rated at 3 KW PEP
output for 100 mw input.

Tucker Electronics had a manual for the HFL-3000 up on ebay a few months
ago.  Don't know whether it was sold or not?  You may want to check with
them.  If they don't have the manual, let me know.  I may be able to help.

Alan, W3BV