SV: [AMPS] Linearizing Linears, feedback or feedforward

To: <amps@contesting.com>
Subject: SV: [AMPS] Linearizing Linears, feedback or feedforward
From: k7fm@teleport.com (Colin Lamb)
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 10:34:27 -0700
Hi Harry:

If you will note in the Harvey-Wells manual, it actually covered from 160
meters through 2 meters, even though the bandswitch only went to 80 meters.
The manual tells you how to operate on 160 with it.

I have one and love it.   I think it was the only rig that would do that
until the Icom 706 came out 45 years later.

But, you will have to admit that efficiency is not the stong suit of the 807
on 2 meters.  2 meters may have been included in the TBS-50 more for
marketing hype than for performance.  I have had a number of TBS-50's pass
through my hands and most had the 2 meter output link ripped out - which
indicates they were not used on that band with regularity.

73, Colin,  K7FM